Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Interviews! Tips and Tricks!

Sorry I haven't posted as much as I have wanted to the past few days, but it has been a crazy weekend and Monday! I had a job interview yesterday and was out almost all day! However, I thought I could turn this into a blog as well and give some of my tips and tricks to interviews.

Since I have been home from graduating I have applying to over 14 jobs. Now, I have only been asked for an interview by 2 of them, but I don't get discouraged. It just means someone that was better for their company got it and that it wasn't meant to be. I like to not stress out about things like this because in the end I know I will find a job. So that is probably my first piece of advice is to not get discouraged if you don't find a job right away and get turned down.

Next tip is when applying to a job no matter where it is fancy or not please DRESS UP. Wear something that is professional even if the place is McDonalds. I know this sounds stupid, but if you are applying to a job at the same time as others it gives you an advantage because you took the time to look professional. This is super important because it is your first impression with a potential employer and sometimes it could be your last.

Another tip is that during your interview try to sit as straight as possible and not slouch because it shows you are paying attention rather then being to relaxed. Also, keep eye contact with them throughout the interview and they will see how confident you are and shows you are attentive to what they are saying.

One of the last tips I have about interviews is to ask questions at the end of the interview. This allows them to know how interested you are in working for their company and could potentially allow you to show more about yourself then before. Some questions could be "What are you looking for in an employee? What is the hardest and most rewarding part about working here:".

I hope that some of these tips help if you are applying for jobs! Let me know what your tips are!

Much Love,

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! I am now following! Check out and follow my blog for beauty and fashion updates! :)

    -♡ Valerie Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much I will follow back for sure!

      Delete